Saturday, July 7, 2012

50 Uses for 50 Shades...

Of course, like most of Library Land, I've been following the whole "50 Shades of Grey" brouhaha with no small amount of amusement. For a while, I was monitoring the list of people on the waitlist for it. At one point, there were 95 people on the waitlist for the first one. And then, a couple of days later, I checked the list again, and lamented to B, "It's gone down...pardon the pun."

Ahem.

Having read the first book, I feel like I'm in a place to make commentary on it. But instead of critiquing it, I'll share with you a little game that B and I came up with:

Alternative Uses for 50 Shades of Grey.

1. Doorstop (I know, generic and overdone)
2. Paper-weight
3. Kindling (no, I'm not advocating book-burning)
4. Wrapping fish in
5. Proofreading/editing practice: As in, give this book to an aspiring writer and say, "Here, turn this into something good."
6. A source of inspiration for fanfic writers. (Actually, no, I retract that. We've got plenty of inspiration. Moving along.)
7. Target practice

This last one was Papa Bear's suggestion, and we ended the game with him as the declared winnerr. Stay tuned for more rounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment