Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Week in Review

What I Read: What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank (short stories, of which I am not overly fond, but who can resist a title like that?), In the Company of the Courtesan, Because It Feels Good, and The Life of Pi.

What I Watched: Supernatural, The X-Files, Sleepy Hollow (oh, Ichabod! You can bear witness to me any time!)

What I Plotted: My upcoming Midwestern Adventure of 2014. (Woooo! 2 weeks in the Midwest in March! Party time!)

How I Felt: Lethargic. Sinusy. There's some nasty shit going on up there, let me tell ya.

The Good: I was on the wagon the entire week! And don't even have a tshirt to show for it. I managed to clean my desk at work, and plow through almost all of the work goals. And I blogged.

The Bad: I had one of my three allotted monthly days at work in which I felt very negative about things.

The Ugly: No exercise. None. I was a total blob.

The Pretty: On our travels through the tourist-glutted streets of downtown Palm Springs during Village Fest, Angie and I found a rather enticing little shop, Desert Artists and Imported Teas. It's a rather compelling combination of teas and tea accessories, frilly accessories, antiques, and some handcrafted items. Some items are of the Dolores Umbridge ilk, other items were downright lovely in their vintage dignity, but all of the items were total fripperies. My kind of place:


And while I won't be able to make discoveries like that every week, I purchased enough tea to tide me over for a while!

1 comment:

  1. Week in Review should become a series! Enjoyed reading now I must go to desert artist and imported tea and stock up :)

    ReplyDelete