Thursday, December 18, 2014

All I Want for Christmas...

All the popular bloggers are doing it, so I will too! Here is my Christmas wishlist of "OMG PLZ GIVE ME" stuff that has a 99% likelihood of being denied. (Which, you know, means that eventually, I will have to buy this for myself.)

High-End:



All's I can say is, I've been hanging out in SoCal too long. Wtf, why do I care about a designer label? But the lines on it are so classic, and it's so lovely and pink and bold!


I have been so obsessed with this pendant since I saw it on Pretty Shiny Sparkly's blog. But UUUURGH, it's sold out! This delicate, chic, colorful piece of jewelry is not for me now. Yet.


 I regard most perfumes like I do wines: My sniffer and tastebuds are broken; don't expect me to appreciate this shit! But I recall, vaguely, that this perfume was delicious when I first took a sniff, and so I've been captivated ever since.


I've been in love, absolute-so-far-gone love with this piece since I first laid eyes upon it. It reminds me of a long-ago October afternoon in Middle America, when an overcast sky was fought with the chilly sunlight and resulted in golden rays shining brightly but feebly through a lavender-grey mass of swiftly moving clouds. In 2015, I'd like to assemble a gallery wall, and this may end up being the masterpiece.

Mid-Range Goodies:

Now, let's get real, shall we? When December 26 rolls around and I am in the doldrums, these are what I am more likely to be popping into my shopping cart:

 Q&A a Day

What was the best part of today? What are you reading right now? What was the last restaurant you went to?  My sisters will be the first to say that I have really, really lousy taste--in culture, in books, hell, probably in men. But bad or not, it's my taste, and I like to know how these tastes--and thoughts, and goals, and ideas-- shift and evolve.


 Staedtler TriPlus Fineliners. IN ALL THE COLORS.
 Since I discovered the world of blinging out your Erin Condren Life Planner, I've been coveting these lovely ladies. Because, you know, I just don't have enough pens.


Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I seriously don't understand how I haven't gotten this yet.


Hello Kitty Aviator Hat 

 Last Christmas, my sister's boyfriend got her a cutesy aviator hat, which she promptly plopped on and announced that she would always knit while wearing it. I love the idea of creative rituals and ritualistic tools, so this shall be mine! At least in the winter months.

Enh, Stuff It In that Stocking:


 So pretty! So colorful! So in my shopping cart!



These are perfect little gifts, not too expensive, and so graceful and scenty. For those who can smell. I guess I'm just a poseur.

 
Cards Against Humanity Expansions

If you have played this game, you know how fun this is as a gift. And what a perfect stocking stuffer! This isn't nearly as graceful or elegant as the previously-mentioned candles. But I guess I'm just a conundrum wrapped in an enigma wrapped in bacon.

So that's it. That's what is in my mental shopping-list. Or at least, that's a little of what's in my mental shopping list. What are you thinking of getting for yourself as a post-Christmas treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment