Friday, January 16, 2015

Living Out Loud: January 15th Edition

  • It's almost midnight, and I am drinking vodka.
  • I am seriously contemplating divorce.
  • I'm not sure those two aren't related.
  • But then, I'm not sure that they are, either.
  • I don't feel as bad or ashamed about any of this as I should.
  • What I DO feel ashamed about: I've got a lot of reactionary instincts about all the terrorist things that have happened over the last two weeks. I know that outlawing Islam or bombing a region ISN'T the answer, but since I don't know what IS the answer, I don't speak up.
  • So far, my main goal this month has been "don't have a nervous breakdown." So far, so good, especially considering the divorce thing, and the Really Big Event at the Library this month.
  • At work this week, someone told me my desk looked like an episode of "Hoarders." I've never watched that show, but I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.
  • Deeply discounted Yankee candles and Hello Kitty aviator hats are the bomb-diggety.

1 comment: