Monday, October 13, 2014

The Melmeister on this Monday morning...




I'm fairly certain there are some laws against such a pleasant Monday, and against being so open to having such a pleasant Monday, too. But I guess the grumps and haters will just have to press charges, because goddamn, this was a pretty damned decent day.

The fact of the matter is, I recently changed up my beauty routine, and now I shower and dry my hair at night. This means I can sleep in like I always do the next morning, while still having fairly put-together hair. (The alternative is me hopping out of the shower at 7:15 in the morning and putting my wet hair up into a bun or ponytail or clip. And I just don't have the facial structure to look attractive with that.) And because my hair is already styled in the morning, I feel ready and willing to put on some make-up, too. And when I head out the door feeling prettified and put-together, well, I just feel good. Or at least better. 

Plus, I used a new (to me) beauty product this morning: L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer. While I'm an enthusiastic shopper for beauty products and cosmetics, I'm also rather skeptical. So color me illuminated when I realized this morning that this primer actually does seem to brighten my face!

So, anyway, going forward into this Monday, I had a decent attitude. I tried very hard to maintain an attitude of "be kinder than necessary." I smiled a lot. I called a patron who had lost his wife the previous week. I quietly pitied the homeless guy who borrowed our scissors to cut his hair (and I used hand sanitizer, too.) I chuckled at a practical joke my colleagues played on our accounting guy, blocking his entire doorway with boxes. I urged people to eat my pie (actually pie, no crude euphemisms here.) I got shit done. I spent an hour at the gym. I'm exhausted, in the good way. And I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I lived this day right.

2 comments:

  1. And why shouldn't you make the most of your Mondays? Don't subscribe to the gospel of Garfield. He knew nothing. And good grief! An entire hour at the gym? What on earth on you doing there? Emphasis on *doing*, not "there".

    P.S. What do you wear to the gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how much you used to LOVE Mondays, Sissy. It's always been an inspiration to me.

    As for what I did at the gym--about half an hour on the weight/cable-tension machines, and another half hour doing cardio (exercise bike.)

    And regarding what I wear: usually yoga pants, a sports bra, and a loose or fitted exercisey shirt, and sneakers and socks. I ain't going there for the fashion...

    ReplyDelete